Fatal injuries in construction business has risen by 2 percent to 924 cases in 2015, which is the highest as compared to 2008 census. Such injuries are usually sustained by different workers in such sites that include:
- Construction laborers – topped the list in 2008
- Carpenters and Electricians – highest in 2009
- Steamfitters – highest in 2003 and
- Plumbers and Pipefitters.
The most significant increase of injuries among specialty trade contractors involved structure, foundation and building exterior contractors and is by 27 percent to 231 cases.
Help From The Attorney
If you are unlucky and get injured in a construction site it is best to hire a qualified and reputed Attorney at the earliest. The construction accident lawyer and construction accident attorney will enhance the chances of winning the desired compensation for the injuries sustained. When you are injured it is evident that you will face financial stress caused by the rising medical bills, lost wages and lots more during the recovery process from injuries. The attorney is your advocate to ensure that all your legal rights are protected.
Varied Type Of Injuries
The consequences of construction injuries can be varied and includes temporary or permanent disability restricting you to return to work ever again. In catastrophic incidents you will have to undergo lifetime treatment, surgeries, rehab and therapy and such expenses added with the loss of earning capacity can easily come to a six to seven figure value. The construction accident lawyer assures a reimbursement of such a huge sum. The compensation that you can receive can be summarized as:
- All medical expenses including rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages including lost earning capacity in the future
- Emotional loss and distress
- Pain and suffering including moderated quality of life.
Choosing The Right Attorney
To leave the accident in the last, you must take the first step cautiously which is choosing the right construction accident attorney. Having so many law firms in New York City to choose from this is not an easy task. Make any error and you end up choosing the wrong one costing you your case. Therefore, take out some time to examine the different choices that you have and follow the basic guidelines that include:
- Narrow down search by selecting only construction accident lawyer and construction accident attorney.
- Stay away from any such lawyer who is your relative, family member or friend for better results.
- Choose the ones that have the right focus and a proven track record.
- Research about the lawyer you choose and compare among others possible choices. Set parameters for comparison as experience, credentials, and education.
- Review the testimonials of previous clients and if needed, contact some clients to be sure about the lawyer in person.
- Check the record of each considering the number of successful trial cases as well as the number of cases that are settled outside the court.
- Always hire one who has adequate courtroom experience as every injury case is unique and can turn its course suddenly.
- Lastly, meet the lawyer in person.
Hire the lawyer whom you feel is compatible, accessible and reliable. Do not ignore your inner voice and feeling.